Opening Reception, Rodizio, and Social Program
On the first conference day, Monday 07-Mar-2016, an opening reception will take place in the lobby of Auditorium Maximum (Audimax), the largest lecture hall on campus. All conference participants are cordially invited to come to this reception, meet colleagues and friends, and enjoy a glass of wine, beer, and a variety of soft drinks, as well as, small snacks, such as pretzels or crackers. The opening reception starts at 18.30 right after the end of the Young Researchers Minisymposia and ends at 20.00.
Rodizio Conference Dinner on 09-Mar-2016, 19.30-23.30
The conference dinner is offered to you in a slightly unusual fashion: Rodizio is the brasilian version of a Barbeque. You and the other guests will be standing -not sitting- at tables, cortadors (waiters) will be constantly around with knives and a skewer, on which they have speared various kinds of grilled beef, pork or chicken for you. A self-serve buffett offering a variety of fresh salads, bread etc. rounds up the meal. Beer, wine and non-alcoholic drinks are also included.
So, this Rodizio is a dinner in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, ideal for changing place during the dinner and networking while enyoing nice food and drinks - instead of being nailed down on a fixed seat at a dinner table.
- The conference dinner takes place on Wednesday, 09-Mar-2016, from 19.30 through 23.30 in the restaurant "Gastwerk" on Mittelweg 7, 38106 Braunschweig, in walking distance (800m) to the conference site.
- You were offered to buy tickets for the conference dinner with your online registration until 06-Feb-2016. For safety reasons the number of tickets is limited and we do not sell them any further nor do we take back sold tickets, but...
- We do not refund dinner tickets that you have already bought but would want to give back, either. Instead we offer to put your name on a "supply" waiting list and give to you the names of the persons on the "demand" waiting list.
- CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST: Braunschweig Historical City Walk
- CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST: Guided Tour Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (The National Metrology Institute of Germany)
- CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST: Guided Tour Forschungsflughafen Braunschweig
Suggestions for tours (to be organized by the participants themselves)
- Goslar (45 minutes by car or 50 minutes by direct train connection)
UNESCO world heritage Rammelsberg and Kaiserpfalz
For more information see http://www.rammelsberg.de/ and http://www.goslar.de/kultur-freizeit/museen/kaiserpfalz
- Wolfsburg (35 minutes by car or 16 – 20 minutes by direct train connection)
Autostadt and phaeno (both located right next to Wolfsburg main station)
For more information see http://www.autostadt.de/ and http://www.phaeno.de/
- Wolfenbüttel (20 minutes by car or 10 minutes by direct train connection)
Herzog-August-Bibliothek and Lessinghaus
For more information see ww.hab.de