Monday, March 10, 2014
Full steam ahead – Opening Reception Tour
As a special event a historic train will host the Opening Reception. During our train journey we will stop at the three important cities of the metropolitan region Fürth-Nürnberg-Fürth-Erlangen. The journey will take approximately 90 minutes. It will of course be possible for the passengers to get off the train at the station which is closest to their booked hotels.
Drinks and finger food will be served on the train.
Each participant, as well as any accompanying person, interested in this event can book this journey free of charge in the Conference Shop of the Online Registration Page.
Since the organizers have to plan the capacity of the train, this is the only way to reserve a ticket which will then be handed over together with the conference literature at the Registration Desk on arrival.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Public Lecture, South Campus Lecture room H11,18:30 - 19:30
Companion Program Nuremberg *)
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
v. Mises Lectures, South Campus, Lecture room H11, 10:00 - 11:00
General Assembly, South Campus Lecture room H11, 11:30 - 12:30
Conference Dinner, Redoutensaal,(Theaterplatz 1), 20:00 - 24:00
Companion Program Erlangen **)
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Companion Program Bamberg *)
Friday, March 14, 2014
Closing, South Campus Lecture room H11, 13:00 - 13:30
*) The excursions on Tuesday and Thursday are requiring a minimum of 40 participants. Otherwise, unfortunately, they will have to be cancelled (fully refundable).
**) The excursion on Wednesday requires a minimum of 15 participants per language group. Otherwise, unfortunately it will have to be cancelled (fully refundable).
Tuesday, March 11, Nuremberg castle and sightseeing
Price: 20€ per person
Minimum of participants: 40 (20 per language group English & German)
The Imperial Castle atop the rocky promontory above Nuremberg was one of the most important fortified imperial palaces of the Old Holy Roman Empire.
- Transport from Erlangen, Campus South by bus to Nuremberg and back
- Guided tour in English or German
There will be also 1 hour free time in Nuremberg downtown for individual program, shopping....
Wednesday, March 12, Erlangen city walk tour
Price: 5 € per person,
Minimum of participants: 15 per language group
- Guided tour in English or in German
- Sightseeing Erlangen city center
- 2 Hours walk with coffee break (not included) at an historical Huguenot Cafe
Thursday, March 13, Bamberg city tour (World Heritage Site)
Price : 40 € per person
Minimum of participants: 40
- Transport from Erlangen by luxurious coach to Bamberg and back
- Boating trip along the river Regnitz (80 minutes) depending on the weather
- Lunch at an historic restaurant in the old town with typical Franconian food (meals included, drinks not)
- Guided tour in English or German "Fascination World Heritage Site" across the old town of Bamberg (2 hours)