YAMM Lunch 2018
Young Academics in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics: Career Opportunities for Young Academics
Organizers: Benjamin Unger (TU Berlin) and Lutz Pauli (RWTH Aachen)
You are a young academic in the final stage of your PhD or Post-Doc and you want to stay in academia? You want to get some information on how to prepare best for the next steps on the career ladder? You wonder how to solve the famous two-body problem or if an academic career is only possible on the back of your partner? You are puzzled how to start a family with a fixed-term contract? Or are you just unsure how to balance personal and work like while pursuing your academic career?
Then join us at the YAMM 2018 (Wednesday - 21.03.2018, 1pm-2pm). Use your lunch break to discuss with our experts from various career stages about their experience. Gain important insights in academic application procedures and get tips for your upcoming application. Find out how our experts reconcile their work and family life and what they think about characteristic numbers of academic track records. The whole discussion will take place in the “Vorhoelzer Forum" with a beautiful view of the city and the Alps. Food (main dish (meat or vegetarian) including seasonal vegetables and rice followed by desert) and drinks will be supplied.
Note that the number of participants is limited to 50 persons. For the attendance of the event we raise a registration fee of 20 € that includes food and drinks.
Already confirmed experts:
- Prof. Dr. Marek Behr (RWTH Aachen)
- Prof. Dr. Heike Faßbender (TU Braunschweig)
- Dr.-Ing. Domink Kern (TU Chemnitz)
- Prof. Dr. Volker Mehrmann (TU Berlin)
- Prof. Dr. Daniel Petersheim (Augsburg University)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefanie Reese (RWTH Aachen)
- Prof. Dr. Claudia Schillings (Universität Mannheim)
- em.o. Prof. Dr. Franz Rammerstorfer (TU Wien)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Wriggers (Leibnis Universität Hannover)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang A. Wall (TU München)