On-Site Information 2019
Scientific events will take place in the Main Building of the University of Vienna (Universitätsring 1, 1010 Vienna) which is located in the center of the city. The Registration Desk is located at the main entrance. The conference venue can be easily reached by public transport (metro line U2, tram lines 1, 2, D, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, and 44) and from Vienna International Airport, which provides direct flights to over 170 destinations worldwide.
Certificate of Participation
All participants will receive a certificate of participation by e-mail after the conference.
Cloak Room & Luggage Storage
In nearly all lecture rooms coat hooks are available. In addition, separate cloack rooms and a luggage storage are located in the lower level (see map).
Date | Opening Hours
Monday, February 18 | 11:30 – 19:00
Tuesday, February 19 | 08:00 – 22:30
Wednesday, February 20 | 08:00 – 19:00
Thursday, February 21 | 08:00 – 19:00
Friday, February 22 | 08:00 – 14:00
Coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruits, and biscuits will be served in the "Festsaal" as well as in "Hof 8" and the "Student Space" (Tue-Thu) in the lower level.
The Mondial Congress & Events team members are present at the registration counter. Technical staff is present in all lecture rooms. Conference hostesses are present throughout the conference venue. Do not hesitate to approach them with queries – they will gladly assist you.
The Exhibition Area is located in the Festsaal.
Date | Opening Hours
Monday, February 18 | 16:00 – 18:30
Tuesday, February 19 | 08:30 – 18:30
Wednesday, February 20 | 08:30 – 18:30
Thursday, February 21 | 08:30 – 18:30
Friday, February 22 | 08:30 – 11:00
In addition to the Eduroam network, a personalized wireless internet access is available. Usernames and passwords will be handed over at the registration desk.
Latest Program Changes
Latest changes to the program will be communicated at the registration desk or through the conference app.
In case you want to lock your hand bag or jacket, please use the "Lockers" on the lower level.
Lost & Found
Participants can collect their lost items or leave found items at the registration desk.
Please see possibilities for lunch on page 20 of the printed program.
The emergency medical service is located in the basement (vis-a-vis room SR05). In case of an emergency, please contact the conference staff.
Participants are kindly asked to wear and display their name badge at all times in order to access the conference venue and social events.
There is no car parking available at the University of Vienna. In the city center of Vienna, parking charges apply. If you arrive by car, you can use the nearby parking garages:
Votivpark-Garage € 4.20/h (maximum per day: € 42.00)
Parkgarage Rathauspark: € 4.00/h (maximum per day: € 40.00)
All payments need to be made in Cash in EUR (€) or by debit/credit card. VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, DINERS and AMEX will be accepted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept traveller cheques, other credit cards, eurocheques, or any other currencies. Please note that there is no currency exchange possibility at the conference venue. An ATM can be used in the lower level (see map) or in the surrounding area of the conference venue.
For registration and collection of conference materials, please visit the registration area at the main entrance of the Main Building. Registration Tel.: +43 676 845 880 706
Date| Opening Hours
Monday, February 18 | 09:00 – 19:00
Tuesday, February 19 | 08:00 – 18:00
Wednesday, February 20 | 08:00 – 18:00
Thursday, February 21 | 08:00 – 18:00
Friday, February 22 | 08:00 – 12:00
• Pre-Registrations: Please note that all registration documents have been prepared for pre-registered participants and sorted by last name. Therefore, when approaching the appropriate registration counter make sure to clearly state your last name (family name) under which you have registered. Please have your confirmation letter and ID close at hand.
• On-Site Registration / Open Payments: For participants registering and paying their registration fees on-site or with an outstanding payment.
Due to the non-smoking policy in public buildings, smoking is prohibited in the conference venue. There are some smoking areas in the Arcade Court of the Main Building.
Social Events & Guided Tours
Information about social events as well as the vouchers for the purchased tickets can be obtained from the “Pre-Registration" counter. Please make sure to bring the voucher along to the event.
The Opening Ceremony, all Plenary Lectures, the Ludwig Prandtl Memorial Lecture, and the Richard von Mises Lecture will be streamed from Audimax to BIG HS.
Transportation in Vienna
Travel to the Conference Venue
• From ’Westbahnhof’ train station: U3 direction to ”Simmering”, get off at ”Volkstheater”, then change to U2 direction to ’Aspernstraße’ and get off at ’Schottentor’
• From ’Hauptbahnhof’ train station: U1 direction to ”Leopoldau”, get off at ”Karlsplatz”, then change to U2 direction to ’Aspernstraße’ and get off at ’Schottentor’
• From Vienna International Airport (Schwechat): A Vienna Airport Lines/Postbus bus (line 1185) goes from Vienna International Airport straight to ”Morzinplatz”, close to tram station 1 ”Salztorbrücke” (duration of the journey approximately 38 minutes). Take the tram line 1 direction to ”Stefan-Fadinger-Platz” and exit the tram at ”Schottentor”. The university is to your right hand side.
The Viennese public transport network provides modern and efficient accessibility within the city limits, making it easy for delegates to explore Vienna by bus, tram or metro. On weekends metro operates at least every 15 minutes through the night from Friday morning to Sunday evening. The University of Vienna is located in the immediate vicinity of the underground station Schottentor of line U2 and the tram stations of lines 1, 2, 37, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, and D.